August 6, 2013

Callibrachoa - a terrific annual for containers!

I planted several varieties again this year. I kept track of what I planted in which pot, so I could decide which ones I liked best. Well, I have several favorites!

Callibrachoas are easy-care. You don't need to dead-head them. They don't get so leggy that they need to be trimmed. They do like water, so I've set my pots up on a drip line for daily watering during the dry months.

Whiteflies invaded a couple plants (just one last year and one this year, coincidentally they were both yellow). I did a combination of blasting with the hose and trimming off the heavily infested branches. That seemed to contain them well enough.

Superbells 'Dreamsicle' and 'Blue'
(Superbells seem to have larger flowers than Minifamous)


Minifamous 'Apricot Red-eye' - a new favorite!
Minifamous 'White' and 'Purple'

No comments:

Post a Comment