May 21, 2014

A few photos and late May garden activities

I took a few photos from the deck this morning. The first one shows the driveway berm with the ninebark and spirea starting to bloom and the rose garden getting ready to bloom.


This photo shows my two new arbors installed next to each other, my tomato plants in their pots, and some of the beds around the lawn. We set up the drip systems for my large containers - the one by the pool handles my tomato and Brugmansia (Angel's Trumpet) plants. Another next to my upper driveway handles other pots that I have on top of a retaining wall.
We installed a new fountain near the Japanese garden. My Angel's Trumpet plants have flower buds already. This morning I discovered our "resident" rabbit has munched on some of the hosta leaves in my shade bed and some of my Scarlett runner beans. So far, I am not concerned, as there are lots of hosta leaves, and the beans should recover. The rabbit is getting quite large feasting on my plants.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment