September 23, 2010

Moving plants and spreading compost

I did a lot of rearranging of plants in the front garden beds. I had orange/yellow cannas in the spa bed, but this bed has plants with mostly red flowers. So I moved several orange cannas to the "hot/tropical" bed. To make room, I moved three gauras and another pink perennial to the pastel bed, and I moved yellow cannas to the spa bed. And then I did little more plant shifting.

I also dug up a huge fuchsia that was starting to crowd out a nice small Japanese maple and the blueberry bushes. Then I separated a daylily to fill in. Finally, I did more clean-up: trimming spend perennials and weeding. Then I spread compost in the areas where I'd been moving plants, with a little extra around these plants, especially those that are a bit tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment