August 28, 2012

FarWest Show - new plants

I went to the FarWest Show in Portland last week. I loved visiting the booths for the growers and especially liked seeing the new plant introductions. This link is to the  FarWest Show New Varieties Showcase. My favorites are the Amber Jubilee Ninebark, Black Pantha Agapanthus, Chocoholic Bugbane, Tuscan Flame Compact Heavenly Bamboo, Peach Sorbet Brazelberries Blueberry, and Handsome Devil Viburnum.

I remember that last year all the buzz was about the Pink Lemonade Blueberry. Unfortunately mine died from lack of water (my fault for planting where no irrigation). I also like all the new colors of coneflowers out now. I picked up several last year, but since I wasn't at the last day of the show I wasn't able to get any this year.

I planted the Tuscan Flame Compact Heavenly Bamboo in my garden last September, and it is looking great.

No comments:

Post a Comment