December 6, 2012

Camellia sasanqua ‘Kanjiri’ and Amaryllis

Here is a photo of my Camellia sasanqua 'Kanjiri'. It is blooming on time for Christmas this year. For the winter, I move the pot from its normal sunny spot to the shelter of my front porch. It lost all its flower buds to the bitter cold spell we had over Thanksgiving week in 2010, so I now provide the protection of a covered area next to the house. It is a small tree, as I bought it quite small three years ago.

While I am writing about Christmas plants, I'll include a photo of Amaryllis that are blooming for me now. I staggered the planting of bulbs, so I hope to have blooms over several weeks. Instead of planting in the plastic pot that comes in the package, I pot in a ceramic pot. This gives it more weight to help anchor it and prevent it from falling over (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment