October 28, 2013

Ginkgo biloba 'Mariken' and Callicarpa 'Profusion'

I just took pictures of my dwarf ginkgo and beautyberry plants, as they are each showing off their fall colors. Both plants are planted in my upper driveway area, where they are easily viewed. We need to see our fall/winter interest plants!

I have two of the Profusion Beautyberry pants. This one was a gift from my mom, as were many of my special plants, so I remember her as I walk through my garden. It is packed with berries now, and they will thin out as the birds discover them.
 I have two dwarf ginkgo plants in pots and one in the ground. This one is doing so well. It has been in this pot next to the driveway for about three years. I add small plants around it, such as these heuchera and callibrachoa (in spring/summer). It gets plenty of sun and is watered in summer with drip irrigation. The gold color of its fall leaves is striking. I hope the leaves stay on a little longer for us to enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this Callicarpa 'Profusion'
    Talk about an explosion of purple. I will be adding this to my yard this year.

    ReplyDelete