September 27, 2017

Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary

If you have not certified your garden as a Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary, take a look at this site from the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife:
http://wdfw.wa.gov/living/backyard/

It suggests improvements we can make to make our yards more friendly to our native wildlife. It also has a link to the form for applying for certification as a Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary. You probably already have most of the required elements and might only need to make small adjustments, such as adding a birdbath or planting a native shrub.

Certifying through the Department of Fish and Wildlife has a nominal fee of $10. If you certify through the National Wildlife Federation, the fee is $25, although it includes their magazine.

2 comments:

  1. What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled
    upon this I have discovered It absolutely helpful and it has aided me out loads.
    I am hoping to give a contribution & aid other users like
    its aided me. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Thank you for posting this!
    Do you have openings in your garden club?

    deannasue85@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete