September 14, 2017

Pumpkins and Gourds in my garden

Here are a couple photos of the pumpkins I grew, mostly for the grandkids to watch. This is my second year growing pumpkins, so I am still learning. I can't figure out why some plants produce a great pumpkin and others do not. My approach is to plant several plants and look forward to a couple nice pumpkins.

This year I also grew the miniature pumpkins from seed. Just a few plants made it from the plants I started indoors, but enough to produce a few of the 'Jack Be Little' pumpkins. I also had a few plants from the plants started from the small ornamental gourd seeds. They produced a lot of a variety of ornamental gourds. These were planted in the raised beds along the driveway. This is south-facing with lots of reflected heat and drip irrigation.



No comments:

Post a Comment