September 14, 2017

End of summer garden photos

I haven't taken pictures in my garden for awhile and decided I'd better get some before the fall rains and cold weather.

Here is a nice grouping of coleus in my covered patio area:
 Fuchsias are great this time of year. This photo shows Fuchsia magellanica 'Aurea', Fuchsia ‘Dying Ember’ and ‘Pat’s Dream’. You can also see the tops of Scarlet Runner Beans that climbed from the lower garden level. This year the rabbits did not eat my black-eyed Susan plants.
The bed by the spa is my red, white, and blue bed. The blue Agapanthus and white Liatris finished blooming.

 I love my Red Banana, even though I need to bring it into my "shed/potting room" for the winter. In fact, I bought two more this spring! This Angel's Trumpet (Brugmansia) is variegated, so looks nice even when not flowering. Of course, all my Brugmansia will also go into my potting room.
 More Brugmansia, a nice dwarf Crape Myrtle (Lagerstroemia indica ‘Petite Embers’), Grand Nain Banana, Tropicana Canna:
 I grew 8 or 9 Sureno peppers (a prolific and compact variety of Serrano pepper). Four are in pots and the rest in the driveway bed. They all thrived, so now I wonder what I can do with all the peppers!
 Fuchsia 'Army Nurse' is a strong performer in the garden:

 Fuchsia 'Sunshine' is a sweet little fuchsia plant. I love the color:


No comments:

Post a Comment